During our information gathering meeting we will ask you about you about where you are now, your expectations, and how you would like to live your life.
Then we will conduct the "fact find". This is where we ask about your personal circumstances and your attitude towards risk (whether you are a conservative or aggressive investor, or somewhere in between).
In order to tailor a financial plan to your requirements we will ask you for some detailed personal information.
We will ask for your:
- current personal income
- family income
- future income (inheritances included)
- day-to-day expenses
- your family circumstances (number and health of dependants, dependants from previous relationships etc)
- future expenses
- assets and liabilities
- tax paid and tax owed
- super and insurance situation
- current investments
- state of health.
We will also need to consider your goals and current financial position, including:
- when you want to retire
- how you want to educate your children
- whether a second home, like a holiday house, is important to you
- do you have dependants you need to provide for, if you are unable to work or if you die
- whether you have an up-to-date will
- whether you are expecting any large expenses
So when you come along to our first meeting, have this information ready and handy!